A recent report showed that on average, 84% of people examined the bathroom in a hotel room within 15 seconds. So in answer to the question, “Is the bathroom a deal breaker for potential buyers?” The truth is YES.
Think about the last time you stayed in a hotel and how crisp and clean the bathroom (hopefully) was. This is the standard you want to aim for.
Our top bathroom cleanliness tips below will help you ‘wow’ your potential buyers, without breaking the bank.
- Get rid of mould; it’s a big no no! So many bathrooms contain some form of mould over time in the ceiling corners, the grout or the silicon bath sealant being the most common. Treat it and freshen up the whiteness straight away.
- Remove the limescale from those taps. There are several cleaning products to use out there but Kilrock Gel is our preferred choice.
- Repair or replace damaged tiles on the floors and walls and clean all tiles with this quick and easy home remedy - mix water, baking soda, lemon juice and vinegar, then use a rag to apply it to the grout line. Leave it to sit for 30 seconds and use a scrub brush to remove dirt.
- Give the bathroom an instant upgrade with a new toilet seat and shower curtain if they’re starting to age without grace.
- Before photos and viewings, get out the fresh matching towels (folding them on the toilet is a nice touch) hide away toiletries, toothbrushes and anything else that looks untidy. Potential buyers like to see a fresh canvas.
- Remove any personal items you don’t want a buyer to find or see.
- Don’t underestimate the power of a scent, a diffuser is always a great tip and try to give it a little shake before the viewing.
- If it’s white, make it bright… cleanliness is key.
The tips should not be a huge expense to anyone. Just a bit of elbow grease and it can make all the difference.