We're now in the depths of autumn and with winter fast approaching, it’s time to take a look at this year’s biggest and best interior trends. If, like us, you like to change your interior to be in tune with the seasons, you’ll want to keep reading. Also if you’re thinking of selling your home, using the latest trends in interior design can really help buyers fall in love with your home and potentially add value too.
Bold colours, extravagant prints and complementary textures are all top trends this season and we’re excited!
Whether you’re after a tranquil space for the family, or you want to make a statement, we’ve got you covered with our two favourite trends of the autumn/winter season.
If you’re leaning towards a cosy, family retreat, you’ll love this one…
By mixing deep plum tones with heavy and contrasting textures you can create the perfect family snug. Incorporate chunky knit blankets with neutral linens, really warms up your home interior and also gives your family somewhere to enjoy the odd Christmas film and binge on chocolate this festive season.
Maybe you’re after a bit of luxury…
Velvet furniture is very in this season, especially when used alongside deep pinks, metallic shades and marble accessories. This would be the perfect theme to go for in a dressing room, or maybe you want to embrace the trend and make a bold statement in your living room.
Other shades to consider are dusty pink, ochre and gold. These all work really well together and enable you to create a really cosy, yet luxurious space within your home.
Instead of changing a whole room, maybe you just want to add a touch of something new…
Colours to focus on
- Plum is one we’ve already touched on, and adds a really deep and cosy feel to any room.
- Gold was very popular throughout spring/summer and appears it is here to stay for winter! With the festive season approaching, adding a touch of gold really makes an impact and may even complement your tree.
- Earlier in the year pale greys were the talk of the town, but now the colder weather has settled, it’s all about darker charcoal tones!
- All pink tones are huge this season and no matter the shade, pink adds warmth! They work really well alongside metallic accessories and darker neutrals. Our favourite is using pink alongside navy with gold accessories! Which leads us on to our next point...
- Navy has been massive this year, and is still very much a trend for winter! Providing a gentle yet almost moody vibe, navy is perfect for winter.
It’s all about prints
- Animal print has been huge in the fashion industry this year, so no wonder it’s crept onto the home interior scene. Leopard print is the main print being used, but other animal prints such as zebra print also make a huge impact and are very popular. Use animal print on cushions and smaller accessories, so as not to overpower a room.
- Bold and oversized florals are certainly something to consider this season. Opting for bold wallpapers or large art prints will work a treat in any room.
Our final piece of advice… changing your interior doesn’t have to break the bank! Add cushions, throws, art prints and other accessories to the room, to completely revamp the room in a matter of minutes!
We’d love to hear your thoughts on these trends and invite you to send us your autumn/winter transformations, so we can share our favourites! Don’t forget to check you’ve liked our Facebook page, so you don’t miss any future posts www.facebook.com/prospectestateagent/
We also offer to give £250 of our selling fee to your chosen local school upon selling your property. This is just one of the many ways we give back and help support the local community. If you'd like to learn more about our Back to Schools initiative and would like to discover more about what happens on a property valuation, please click here.